[alsa-devel] Conexant 5051 lenovo-x200 fixes

Ulo Mets umets at osa.pri.ee
Wed Aug 24 04:45:43 CEST 2011

On 08/23/2011 04:10 PM, Takashi Iwai wrote:
> At Tue, 23 Aug 2011 14:32:21 +0300,
> Ulo Mets wrote:
>> On 8/22/2011 3:00 PM, Takashi Iwai wrote:

>>> Thanks.

>>> Google is your friend :)
>> Is that so? I'll give you $100 for a set of keywords that leads to the datasheet.
> Then it has been removed.  Ask Conexant if you still need it.
>
>> BTW, the chip revision in question is -15Z
> It should be compatible no matter which revision is.
>
>>> But you can figure out almost all things in the codec proc file.
>> Yes, the Pin Defaults are correct in the proc file, and the control names in 0x14 and 0x15 contradict these.
>> That's why it was so easy to fix.
>>
>>> What you should test is to check which I/O the pins 0x16, 0x17, 0x18
>>> and 0x19 correspond.  I suppose 0x16 = HP, 0x17 = mic-jack, 0x18 =
>>> dock-mic, 0x19 = dock-HP.
>> Almost. 0x16 = HP, 0x17 = dock-mic, 0x18 = ext-mic, 0x19 = dock-HP
> OK.
>
>>> An easy way would be to test the jack-detection via hda-verb.
>>> 	# hda-verb /dev/snd/hwC0D0 0x16 GET_PIN_SENSE 0
>>>
>>> When any jack corresponds to the pin 0x16, it'll report 0x80000000
>>> upon plugged.
>> Nice tool. But ver. 0.3 reports 0xffffffff when plugged and 0x7fffffff when unplugged.
> It doesn't matter.  The only meaningful bit is the bit 31.
>
> For making auto-parser working, apply the patch below.
> It fixes the multi-headphone assignment case.
>
> Then, put lines below to /lib/firmware/x200t-pincfg file.

> 0x16 0x042140ff
> 0x17 0x23a11040
> 0x18 0x04a190f0
> 0x19 0x2121103f
> 0x1a 0x901701f0
> 0x1d 0x90a601f0
>
> After creating the file, pass "patch=x200t-pincfg model=auto" module
> options to snd-hda-intel driver.  Now the driver will be set up using
> the auto-parser with the given pin-configuration table.
>
> Let me know if this works.  Once after confirming it's working, we can
> add a static configuration in the driver itself.

I only replaced the snd-hda-codec-conexant module, I hope this is enough.

There is only one difference from the stock module with model=auto:
in the new version the dock headphone is correctly adjusted with headphone volume,
while in stock version it is adjusted by speaker volume.

The right side headphone is adjusted with headphone control in both cases, and also the
speaker is muted properly.

The microphone autosensing does not work, the internal microphone remains active when
cables are plugged to either of mic jacks.
The dock microphone is not seen by the mixer (alsamixer).

Is there anything specific that I can test or do?

with best regards,

Ulo