[alsa-devel] Conexant 5051 lenovo-x200 fixes

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Mon Aug 22 14:00:29 CEST 2011

At Sat, 20 Aug 2011 18:14:20 +0300,
Ülo Mets wrote:

> On 08/19/2011 08:43 AM, Takashi Iwai wrote:
>
> > At Fri, 19 Aug 2011 03:00:58 +0300,
> > Ulo Mets wrote:
> >> Model=auto seems to give a very generic configuration, which indeed does
> >> include working
> >> Mic boost for Internal Mic. (Ext?) Mic Boost and gain are also present,
> >> but jack sensing does not work,
> >> so these cannot be tested.
> > The automatic mic-switch by jack-sensing works without model=auto,
> > right?  Then we need to fix it.  Could you give alsa-info.sh output?
> >
> Right. The alsa-info.sh output is attached.

Thanks.

> >> It would be nice to get the mute switches to work as well.
> > Which mute switch do you mean exactly?
> I see the "Mic Switch" controls in the input nodes 0x14 and 0x15, and some Mute controls
>
> with hda-analyzer. But it may well be just wishful thinking. I wonder if anybody has seen the
> datasheet of CX20561?

Google is your friend :)
But you can figure out almost all things in the codec proc file.

What you should test is to check which I/O the pins 0x16, 0x17, 0x18
and 0x19 correspond.  I suppose 0x16 = HP, 0x17 = mic-jack, 0x18 =
dock-mic, 0x19 = dock-HP.

An easy way would be to test the jack-detection via hda-verb.

	# hda-verb /dev/snd/hwC0D0 0x16 GET_PIN_SENSE 0

When any jack corresponds to the pin 0x16, it'll report 0x80000000
upon plugged.

When you finish figuring out these pins, please let me know.