[alsa-devel] How to add a new MIDI device to the usbaudio driver

Kristian Amlie kristian at amlie.name
Mon Aug 22 12:52:32 CEST 2011

I have just received a new MIDI instrument (Starr Labs Z7S) which is not
recognized by the kernel, and I'd like to add support for it. I'm hoping
that it uses a standard MIDI interface and it's just a matter of adding
the correct entry in the table of devices.

I have tried to add an entry to sound/usb/usbquirks.h
(sound/usb/quirks-table.h in later kernels), but so far I haven't
succeeded. Is there any documentation for how to do this, and which
options to use? Google hasn't really turned up anything...

--
Kristian