[alsa-devel] Audio:suspend to ram issue

Rajeev kumar rajeev-dlh.kumar at st.com
Thu Aug 18 12:51:37 CEST 2011

Hello Mark
In the continuation of the last mail.I run alsa_aplay and the WAV file
sounds.
Then press ctrl-z - aplay will go to background(suspend state) and i2s
is stopped.
Then type fg and the audio  restart.
Is there any difference between these two suspend  ctrl-z and echo mem >
/sys/power/state.
In both the cases trigger will call with cmd value '1 ' in case of
resume and '0' in case of suspend.

While going through the alsa framework I found that suspend and resume
functionality is handled by
the framework itself.Please correct me if my understanding is not correct.

Best Regards
Rajeev