[alsa-devel] MP3 files with ALSA

Oscar Salvador pyscholeber at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 22:34:29 CEST 2011

Hi, how are you.

I started to read the alsa documentation a few days ago, because i want to
see how works alsa internally, and because i want to write an audio
application (just for fun). Well, with .wav files i don't have any problem,
but i have a doubt with mp3 files. I know that i need to decode mp3 into
wav, for example, for playing it with alsa, but my doubt is if alsa decode
this internally, or if is my job doing it.

In the last case, maybe you can give me a web that talking about this.

Thanks a lot,

Regards