[alsa-devel] snd soc spi read/write

Mark Brown broonie at opensource.wolfsonmicro.com
Wed Aug 10 17:03:18 CEST 2011

On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 05:00:50PM +0200, Takashi Iwai wrote:
> Mark Brown wrote:

> > That would fall within the definition of "teach the register map about
> > this stuff"...

> Yeah, I expected that.  But it also would include the changes of
> register definitions in the codec driver, right?

The idea is that the CODEC drivers will end up using regmap directly
once it gets cache support migrated over to it.  There's nothing ALSA
specific about the cache support.  Though right just not bothering to
cache this device (it has readback support after all) is probably good
enough.

It's a shame the bodge snuck through :/