[alsa-devel] switching pcm devices dynamically when using dmix

Baek Chang baeksan at ccrma.stanford.edu
Mon Aug 8 19:27:32 CEST 2011

I'll have a look at the dynamic PCM code.  That is a fairly new feature
correct?  Perhaps I can use that as an example.

> OTOH, if it handles only the switch for the next open, it'd be just to
> change the configuration, so it sounds feasible.
This is mainly my goal. User application would know when this is switching,
close the current device, reconfigure, open the new device and then continue
streaming.

--
-baeksanchang