[alsa-devel] Suspend/Resume failure of Alsa but OSS emulation still works

Shane Volpe shanevolpe at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 13:38:34 CEST 2011

>>  If I kill the audio player and start it back up the sound returns so
>> it seems the act of opening and closing Alsa fixes the failure. During
>> the "no sound state" I also opened alsamixer and adjusted
>> (successfully) several alsa settings including volume but the sound
>> still did not resume until I restarted the player.

If I do an strace on aplayer and look at its output after the resume
it looks like aplayer is hanging up on trying to read /dev/snd/timer
and is getting -1 EAGAIN (Resource temporarily unavailable) from it.
I would greatly appreciate any comments or suggestions of what I can
do next to further narrow down the problem
Regards,
Shane