[alsa-devel] Regression in 3.0-git after commit c82693db52beced0419cecf09a3c81adfe95a544 - sound does not work

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Thu Aug 4 19:55:06 CEST 2011

At Thu, 04 Aug 2011 11:07:13 -0500,
Larry Finger wrote:

> On 08/04/2011 12:17 AM, Takashi Iwai wrote:
> >
> > And reverting the above fixes your problem, right?
> > Then please give alsa-info.sh outputs on both working and non-working
> > kernels (run with --no-upload option).
>
> Yes, reverting that one hunk fixes my problem.
>
> The alsa-info.sh outputs for the working and nonworking cases are attached.

Thanks.  Through a quick glance at these information, the problem
looks like that both newly appearing "Headphone" and "Speaker" volumes
are set to zero.  Usually alsactl invoked by udev will set appropriate
values for new elements, but in your case, it didn't work by some
reason.

Try to adjust them.  (Note that you don't have to rebuild the kernel
just for this test; pass model=auto option to snd-hda-intel module,
then it'll switch to that mode.)

thanks,