[alsa-devel] Some more on MSI GX740 and HDA Intel (bug 5321)

K900 k0009000 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 11:30:11 CEST 2011

Sorry for disappearing last time, I've been quite busy at the time.
But I managed to find a bit more on my laptop's sound card and how to
make it work. I've found two nodes that actually produce (some) sound
when connected to a mixer. 0x1b pin complex is connected to front
speakers and 0x16 to the center/LFE thingy. However, I can only get
sound from them when I connect them to 0x0c and 0x0e mixers, that both
(why?) output the sound from front channels. So, there's no mixer that
outputs rear or LFE channels. To be honest, I don't understand
anything further than this, so can someone please help me :) I'll try
to be around on IRC most of the time. Also, my JID is k900 at neko.im.

// Note: it seems my last mail was lost somewhere. Correct me if I'm wrong.