[alsa-devel] M-audio Fast Track Pro

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Apr 26 10:29:01 CEST 2011

Dear Andreas,

Am Dienstag, den 26.04.2011, 09:58 +0200 schrieb Andreas Brudin:

> I was wondering how one would go about trying to get 24-bit support
> for the M-audio Fast Track Pro merged into the kernel? A (by now
> rather old) patch exists to enable 24-bit support, and Joe Giampaoli
> has written an excellent howto at
> http://www.joegiampaoli.com/blog/?p=462 but it is still hard for many
> users to build a custom kernel.
>
> It is a nice low-to-mid-range audio interface for hobby musicians, and
> it is still available in the stores, and I guess it is quite common
> out there, so it would be great if it became supported out of the box.

I do not know what the current state is since I thought there were lots
of patches send to the list regarding support. If the patch is still
needed, please send it to this mailing list formatted using `git
format-patch` and with a proper commit message and Signed-off-by lines.
The procedure is documented in [1][2].

Thanks,

Paul

[1] http://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/SubmittingPatches