[alsa-devel] Small Regression in midi for M-Audio Fast Track Ultra.

Felix Homann linuxaudio at showlabor.de
Wed Apr 20 22:25:44 CEST 2011

Sorry, Clemens,

I must have messed around with too many Alsa versions on my machine, again.
Your suggested fix _does_ fix the issue!

Would you mind adding this to the git tree? Or shall I prepare a patch?

Am 18.04.2011 11:16, schrieb Clemens Ladisch:
>> Try replacing the comment with:
>> 			{
>> 				.iface = 3,
>> 				.type = QUIRK_MIDI_STANDARD_INTERFACE
>> 			},

In the meantime I started a bisect session on the mainline kernel. The
cause of this issue lies in the refactoring done last year. I couldn't
identify the exact patch introducing the regression, though, since
starting at step 10 the kernels would not boot. See the corresponding
git bisect log (the last revision is the first one that would not boot).

Regards,

Felix