[alsa-devel] USB MIDI Regression? - - Was: Small Regression in midi for M-Audio Fast Track Ultra.

Felix Homann linuxaudio at showlabor.de
Mon Apr 18 10:37:51 CEST 2011

Hi,

Am 16.04.2011 04:29, schrieb Grant Diffey:
> In 2.6.33/34 when support originally was put in alsa mainline the MIDI ports
> were functional today they're not for me and I get the following in the
> kernel log when using this card. (Audio all works acceptably.)

I can confirm Grant's issue.

They are not related to any code specific to the M-Audio Fast Track
Ultra (FTU) series:

Even after removing the FTU patches from current ALSA (git) the MIDI
ports of the device will not be recognized.

Switching back to my oldest installed kernel (2.6.32) the FTU will be
recognized as a MIDI interface (but as expected the PCM ports will not
be recognized.)

Just to make sure, that I'm not missing anything:

* I've used 'amidi - l' to look for MIDI ports
* Due to the deprecation of OSS in the kernel my Alsa configure line now
includes '--with-oss=no --with-pcm-oss-plugins=no' which shouldn't have
an effect but I mention it anyway

Any ideas?

Regards,

Felix