[alsa-devel] Accessing already probed snd_card in kernel space

Shreshtha shreshthakumar at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 09:49:11 CEST 2011

Thanks Lu and Clemens for reply.

Vibrator hardware is connected to D-Class amplifier of Audio block. Audio
block has its ASoC driver.
One way in Android is to use timed_output
("/sys/class/timed_output/vibrator/enable").
I wanted to access the alsa card, configure it and play vibrator from
"timed_output vibrator driver" in Kernel space.

But as you described that accessing from out side the sound subsystem is
prohibited in Kernel.
So only way remains is to access the sound card from user space using ALSA
lib APIs and replace current usage of sysfs for haptic feedback. Please
suggest if it is right direction.