[alsa-devel] Accessing already probed snd_card in kernel space

Shreshtha shreshthakumar at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 07:46:41 CEST 2011

Hi, I am completely new to ALSA and ASoC so my question formation may seems
vague but I will try to be clear in objective.
How can I access already detected/populated sound card from inside the
kernel using standard ALSA kernel APIs?
Any mapping of kernel api for the following steps -

1) Find the right ALSA-card. (using snd_card_create)

2) Find the wanted ALSA-control for this card with snd_ctl_find_numid(...).

3) Modify the control

I want to configure the vibrator from kernel using the ALSA kernel APIs.