[alsa-devel] External microphone doesn't work on Thinkpad T410(i)

Raymond Yau superquad.vortex2 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 14:50:57 CEST 2011

2011/4/9 Hugo Estopendo <sido616 at gmx.de>

> Hi there,
> my ThinkPad does not have 2 audio jacks, it has just one for speakers
> and microphone both, like a MacBook or Smartphone. It also has an
> internal mic under the screen.
> Normal audio playback works via the internal speakers and the jack both.
> The internal mic works, but when I plug a stereo headset with a mic
> included on this one jack, the internal mic is still used and the
> external mic is just ignored.
>
> I alread opened a bug report:
> https://bugtrack.alsa-project.org/alsa-bug/view.php?id=5325
>
> output of alsa information script:
>

> lspci output:
>
> https://bugtrack.alsa-project.org/alsa-bug/file_download.php?file_id=3522&type=bug
>
> Greetings, Hugo

Do you mean one combo jack for hp or ext mic ?

Do you mean hp auto mute speaker work ?

There are two [Pin complex] 0x1b and 0x1d which can be retasked as Input or
output

Node 0x1b [Pin Complex] wcaps 0x400581: Stereo
  Pincap 0x00011334: IN OUT EAPD Detect

Node 0x1d [Pin Complex] wcaps 0x400581: Stereo
  Pincap 0x00010034: IN OUT EAPD Detect

Does the user manual mention about  the speaker mute button or mic mute
button and thow the combo jack work  (e.g. auto detect hp or mic) ?