[alsa-devel] snd-hda-intel and parameter `patch` (was: OT: applying patches)

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Apr 8 12:27:23 CEST 2011

Am Freitag, den 08.04.2011, 11:47 +0200 schrieb Valerio tesei:

[…]

> I think i misunderstood something, I already know how to patch, I was
> thinking that "patch=something" was a parameter that I need to pass to
> modprobe while loading snd-hda-intel.

	$ sudo modinfo snd-hda-intel
	$ sudo modinfo snd-hda-intel | grep patch
	parm:           patch:Patch file for Intel HD audio interface. (array of charp)

But I do not know what you have to pass as an argument either.

I know that you can change the behavior by passing the parameter `model`
[3].

Thanks,

Paul

[3] http://alsa-project.org/main/index.php/Help_To_Debug_Intel_HDA