[alsa-devel] TASCAM US-144mkII Driver

Michael Niemeck michael at niemeck.org
Tue Sep 28 08:59:54 CEST 2010

Common consensus in the forums seems to be that the mkII versions of
the TASCAM 122 and 144 have different hard- and/or software than their
respective predecessors, and won't work with the current ALSA drivers.
At least the latter I can confirm for my US-144mkII. Lacking the
resources to modify the existing driver to work with the above
interface, let alone write a new one, I wanted to ask if anyone of the
active ALSA developers would be willing to (or is even already in the
process of) write or modify a driver for the new TASCAMs. I would be
more than willing to contribute to a bounty, if such a thing is common
or at least accepted in the ALSA community, and according to this post
(http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.alsa.user/34586) TASCAM is ready
to support such a project with demo units. I would also be willing to
function as a tester, of course.

Still hoping,

Mike