[alsa-devel] asihpi: Control naming

David Henningsson david.henningsson at canonical.com
Thu Sep 30 08:28:22 CEST 2010

On 2010-09-30 05:44, Eliot Blennerhassett wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm struggling with getting the correct names for controls, so that they
> show up correctly in the Playback or Capture modes of alsamixer
>
> E.g. "PCM 3 Capture Meter" appears in the playback controls?
>
> How is capture vs playback display determined?
> or to put it another way: What are the rules for creating control names.

In addition to Takashi's comment, please consider either making your
control names compliant with PulseAudio (see earlier post on
"alsamixertest" for more information), or make a PulseAudio mixer
profile for your card. (At least until UCM is finished enough.)

Thanks!

--
David Henningsson, Canonical Ltd.
http://launchpad.net/~diwic