[alsa-devel] refreshing the reg cache in asoc driver

lin_g lin_g at o2.pl
Wed Sep 29 11:43:24 CEST 2010

Hi,
I'm writing the driver for wm8804 s/pdif transceiver. However, my problem is that I would like to refresh my register cache inside the driver by periodically reading the values stored in device's registers. There is an interrupt handler fsi_interrupt() (in fsi.c) called when codec receives some data, but I suppose I need to find something closer to the 'codec layer'. Or maybe I'm just thinking wrongly and there is much simpler way of doing this. Appreciate any advice.

Thank you very much,
best regards,
Greg