[alsa-devel] MIDI utility amidicat and alsa-utils

Josh Lehan alsa at krellan.com
Tue Sep 28 07:57:47 CEST 2010

Hello.  Back at the start of this year, I was looking for a way to send
arbitrary data into or out of the ALSA MIDI subsystem from the command
line.  Upon failing to find a solution, I wrote a little utility program
to do just that, called "amidicat":

http://krellan.com/amidicat/

When the idea was first talked about, Takashi Iwai mentioned that it
might be useful to have in alsa-utils.

I'm wondering if this is still the case?  If so, what would be necessary
to adapt my program to fit in and become a well-behaved member of
alsa-utils?  Does it need to compile on other platforms besides Linux,
be internationalized, etc.?

Josh