[alsa-devel] mic on macbook air

Justin P. Mattock justinmattock at gmail.com
Mon Sep 27 19:32:39 CEST 2010

On 09/27/2010 09:40 AM, Reimundo Heluani wrote:
> As far as I know I wrote the only patch for macbook air 2,1 that
> shipped with 2.6.34 but that was for the internal speaker only. I
> could never get the mic going.
>
> Cheers,
>
> R.

when doing a cat codec#0 | grep Pin on my iMac9,1
I can see:

Node 0x19 [Pin Complex] wcaps 0x40018f: Stereo Amp-In Amp-Out
   Pincap 0x0000373c: IN OUT HP Detect
   Pin Default 0x90a00110: [Fixed] Mic at Int N/A
   Pin-ctls: 0x24: IN VREF_80

when doing the same for the mba1,1 I didn't see anything in there that
said Mic.. I'm wondering if the Mic is there, it's just not being shown
when doing cat codec#0 due to apple changing something with the
hardware. did you try different pin numbers?(even though none of the
pins say Mic)

Justin P. Mattock