[alsa-devel] how to mandate the use of PCM plugin?

Stas Sergeev stsp at aknet.ru
Mon Sep 27 16:40:56 CEST 2010

  27.09.2010 09:54, Mark Brown wrote:
 > Why not work on fixing the actual problem if it's not already been fixed?
 > I'm not clear from your description what that actually is but it
would seem
 > much more generally useful to fix that. This is far from the only
card with
 > no hardware volume control and I'd imagine all will be affected.
I just checked with HDA-Intel, which seems to
have the softvol too, and no, it seems to communicate
fine with the pulseaudio volume. This is not the case
with snd-pcsp though, so indeed, there might just be
some bug. Btw, it is really very easy to test, everyone
has the snd-pcsp to reproduce that. :)
I'll post back when I have more info on what actually
breaks.