[alsa-devel] Sound Blaster 5.1vx with CA0106

Andy Owen andy-alsa at ultra-premium.com
Sat Sep 11 07:31:20 CEST 2010

Hi, I recently bought a Sound Blaster 5.1vx (which has a ca0106 chip on
it) and found that it didn't quite work properly in ALSA.

The fix I made changes a few bits of code which aren't specific to my
sound card, and I don't have a way to test it. The code looks to be more
correct (I had to change a few spots to get the controls to operate on
the correct channels, and also to get the rear channels to work at all).

Could someone please review the patch, which I've attached to this bug
report:

https://bugtrack.alsa-project.org/alsa-bug/view.php?id=5108

Thanks for your time.

Andy