[alsa-devel] commit 7b2bfdb broke sound card detection on my Lenovo T400s

Frank Becker fb at alien8.de
Mon Sep 6 19:04:21 CEST 2010

Hi,

Please always CC me since I'm not subscribed to the mailing lists.

I have a problem since commit id 7b2bfdb (about 2.6.35-rc2) up to the
latest HEAD on my Lenovo T400s laptop. Just found out while testing Ubuntu
10.10.

Problem is: Headphones don't work any more, internal Microphone doesn't
work any more. However, if I load snd-hda-intel with the option
model=ideapad the mic and the headphones work perfectly well again. For now
that is an acceptable work around. However, before the aforementioned
commit I didn't have to provide any module parameters.

Before rev 7b2bfdb I had:
└[a8 at t4]-~→find /proc/asound/card* -type f | grep codec | xargs grep \
    "^Codec\|^Vendor Id\|^Subsystem Id\|^Revision Id"
Codec: Conexant ID 5069
Vendor Id: 0x14f15069
Subsystem Id: 0x17aa2132
Revision Id: 0x100300

Starting with rev 7b2bfdb I get:
└[a8 at t4]-~→find /proc/asound/card* -type f | grep codec | xargs grep \
    "^Codec\|^Vendor Id\|^Subsystem Id\|^Revision Id"
Codec: Conexant CX20585
Vendor Id: 0x14f15069
Subsystem Id: 0x17aa2132
Revision Id: 0x100300

BTW, all the bisecting is done out of the linus.git tree.

Thank you for looking into that. I'm happy to provide more information or test
patches.

Thanks,

    Frank

--
Frank Becker <fb at alien8.de> (jabber|mail) | http://twitter.com/41i3n8
GnuPG: 0xADC29ECD | F01B 5E9C 1D09 981B 5B40 50D3 C80F 7459 ADC2 9ECD