[alsa-devel] ALSA lib pcm.c:2175 snd_pcm_open_conf) symbol _snd_pcm_plug_open is not defined inside [builtin]

asim khan khan.asim.2009 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 8 09:32:51 CEST 2010

Hi,
    ..soory in my previous posting i missed the subject :-)
 Iam using alsa lib version 1.0.22..and Iam running an alsa capture
application.
 if Iam running this standalone application on my arm11 target ..it runs
fine
but when iam runnig this with my complete BD player integrated application
it gives an error
ALSA lib pcm.c:2175 snd_pcm_open_conf) symbol _snd_pcm_plug_open is not
defined inside [builtin]
cannot open audio device plughw:0,0 (No such device or address).

I googled Which explained the errors meant I didn't have the Alsa plugins
set via ALSA_PCM_PLUGINS in make.conf

I have enabled  --with-pcm-plugins  option in my configure script which will
select all pcm-plugins
#!/bin/sh
./configure CC=arm_v7_vfp_le-gcc --target=arm-linux --host=i386-linux
--build=$BUILD --enable-static  --enable-pcm --with-pcm-plugins
--disable-debug --disable-python --prefix=/mtd_rwarea

I have checked using pcm plugins the created library(.so,.a) size is
reduced...
                              but still Iam getting above same error ALSA
lib pcm.c:2175 snd_pcm_open_conf) symbol _snd_pcm_plug_open is not defined
inside [builtin]

Please let me know is there any other thing i can check to solve this
problem

---Thanks
Asim