[alsa-devel] commit 7b2bfdb broke sound card detection on my Lenovo T400s

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Tue Sep 7 11:19:59 CEST 2010

At Tue, 7 Sep 2010 11:02:20 +0200,
Frank Becker wrote:

> Takashi Iwai [2010-09-07, 08:17 +0200]:
> > At Tue, 7 Sep 2010 00:45:48 +0200,
> > Jens Taprogge wrote:
> > >
> > > On Mon, Sep 06, 2010 at 07:04:21PM +0200, Frank Becker wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> > Also, it'd be helpful if alsa-info.sh output is given.
> > Jens, Frank, could you guys run it with --no-upload option and attach
> > the output for comparison?
> Sorry, I wasn't aware of this fine tool.
>
> Hope, it's OK to upload it as well. Don't want to fill up everyones mboxes
> again
>
> 2.6.32: http://www.alsa-project.org/db/?f=f985e74bdda393213a29c6243012a7a8ea1dfe1f
> 2.6.35-broken: http://www.alsa-project.org/db/?f=827e4ef1a0d6c726a09fc5801853aa2ba58225ed
> 2.6.35-ideapad: http://www.alsa-project.org/db/?f=01e6a47003948f33aeb8ff132b64d4bc4ecc73b8

When you run it --no-upload option, you'll get the file on your local
machine.  Anyway, I don't see why Jens' patch breaks your machine.
The PCI SSID (not codec SSID) of his machine is 17aa:215e while yours
is 17aa:20f2.  The breakage can be a coincidence.

Could you check whether model=thinkpad works better?
If yes, we can simply add the new entry for your device.

thanks,