[alsa-devel] which is better when porting alsa?

chenjingy at sohu.com chenjingy at sohu.com
Fri Oct 29 09:55:23 CEST 2010

Dear ALSA developers,
  I'm trying to port ALSA to MIPS/Linux because I want my platform more compatible to the 3rd party's software which is beased on ALSA lib.
  Now I have 2 choices,
  1. The board's SDK already have a complete interface of sound on user space, so I only need port alsa library beased on current SDK's interface.
  2. porting both alsa library and alsa driver, and make current SDK's sound interface works in kernal space.

  If it's very easy to make current SDK's sound interface works in kernal space, which choice is better and which need less time to complete to a new alsa developer?

  I'm waiting for your reply.
  Best regards,
Chen Jingyu