[alsa-devel] New SoC layer codec registration problem

Alexander subaparts at yandex.ru
Fri Oct 29 00:24:43 CEST 2010

Hello!

On Thu, 2010-10-28 at 19:33 +0100, Mark Brown wrote:
> > The question is why fmt_single_name() picks up "spi0.0" instead of
> > "cs4271-codec", I've added some debug output. And this function relies
>
> We identify devices based on something unique per device so that if you
> have more than one device of the same type in a system the stack can
> tell them apart.

My machine driver contains the following structures:

---
static struct snd_soc_dai_link edb93xx_dai = {
	.name		= "CS4271",
	.stream_name	= "CS4271 HiFi",
	.platform_name	= "ep93xx-pcm-audio",
	.cpu_dai_name	= "ep93xx-i2s",
	.codec_name	= "cs4271-codec",
	.codec_dai_name	= "cs4271-hifi",
	.ops		= &edb93xx_ops,
};

static struct snd_soc_card snd_soc_edb93xx = {
	.name		= "EDB93XX",
	.dai_link	= &edb93xx_dai,
	.num_links	= 1,
};
---

And all other machine SoC drivers contain similar...
If instead I'll write
.codec_name = "spi0.0",

it will be strange... However it can work...

Alexander.