[alsa-devel] snd-hda-intel (Cirrus Logic CS4206): MacBookPro6, 2 : No S/PDIF with Linux 2.6.36C

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Tue Oct 26 15:02:24 CEST 2010

'Twas brillig, and Mohammad Bahathir Hashim at 26/10/10 06:08 did gyre
and gimble:
> Hi,
> I want to use MacBook Pro (6,2) Mid-2010 15" with GNU/Linux all the time.
> IMHO, GNU/Linux provides me the best performance and flexibility for
> audio and video.
> Problem 1:
> No SPDIF when using Linux 2.6.36, but it working fine with 2.6.35
> Problem  2 ? :
> xFront Speaker -> controls the woofer sound level
> Surround -> controls the left and right channel speakers' sound level.
> Both kernels 2.6.3[56] show the same problem/feature :).

My guess at the fix:

ALSA: hda - Fix wrong SPDIF NID assignment for CA0110

(the base64 encoding of your alsa-info attachment didn't come through in
a friendly way so I didn't bother decoding it, and hence this is just a

Colin Guthrie

Day Job:
Open Source:
  Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]