[alsa-devel] Constraining the number of frames per period

Clemens Ladisch clemens at ladisch.de
Mon Oct 25 09:48:02 CEST 2010

Adam Rosenberg wrote:
>> Set the snd_pcm_hardware fields so that all sample formats are supported.
>
> I do not understand why I need to add all of the sample formats,

Sorry, I actually meant to say "all of the sample formats supported
by your hardware", where "formats" includes all the field of the
snd_pcm_hardware structure.

The idea is to set the snd_pcm_hardware fields so that anything
supported by the hardware is allowed by these settings.  Then, if there
is any combination of settings that is allowed by these fields but not
supported by the hardware, add more constraints in the open callback.

Regards,
Clemens