[alsa-devel] snd-hda-intel + ad198x is broken with 2.6.36

Vasily Khoruzhick anarsoul at gmail.com
Sun Oct 24 19:45:45 CEST 2010

Hi,

it seems something in 2.6.36 broke sound for snd-hda-intel with ad198x codecs
(reproducible with Lenovo 3000 N100 laptop, AD1986A codec and with HP Compaq
6910p, AD1981 codec). I have no problems with 2.6.35 kernel.

Sound works right after power on, but after reboot or even driver reload it
does not work until power cycle, of course controls are unmuted. Under "does
not work" I mean that aplay plays nothing, but gives no errors. What info
would be usefull to debug this issue?

Regards
Vasily