[alsa-devel] ASoC updates for 2.6.37

Mark Brown broonie at opensource.wolfsonmicro.com
Fri Oct 22 20:43:30 CEST 2010

On Fri, Oct 22, 2010 at 08:05:53PM +0200, Takashi Iwai wrote:

> I'm going to send a pull request for 2.6.37 on the next Monday
> afternoon after checking the linux-next status.  It'd be great if you
> or Liam can give a summary of ASoC changes until then -- especially
> since this time there are many intrusive changes.

- Overhaul of the core APIs for registration of all kinds of devices,
  reducing the level of direct coupling between machine drivers and their
  CODEC and CPU drivers allowing ASoC machines to have multiple CODEC
  devices and multiple instances of the same CODEC device within a system.
- New CODEC drivers for  88PM860x CODEC, MAX98088, WL1273, WM8962, WM8804,
  and WM8985.
- New CPU drivers for EP93xx AC’97 controllers, MPC85xx SSI ports,
  and SH HDMI controllers.
- Machine support for Freescale P1022 DS, Marvell Tavor and Saarb, and
  Simplemachines Sim.One.