[alsa-devel] SoC Atmel SSC stereo problem

Patrick Ziegler patrick.ziegler at fh-kl.de
Fri Oct 22 17:17:21 CEST 2010

Hi,

I have some trouble with stereo audio through the atmal ssc interface
based on at91-ssc.c.
Unfortunately left and right channels were swapped periodically.

In my environment the codec supplies the BLCK and LRC clocks and
the SSC is configured to transmit one sample on both edges of the LRC clock.
But I guess the audio frames will always start with a frame of the left
channel
while the LRC clock is in an undefined state.

How does normally the audio driver detect when a left and when a right
channel
frame should be send and with which it should start ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

Patrick

--