[alsa-devel] install 32 soundcards

Cem ERGEN cemergen at gmail.com
Thu Oct 14 16:14:42 CEST 2010

Hello, i've a problem about to install 32 soundcards on my linux server
(centos 5.3) i tried all ways but i fail all times to run 32 soundcards at
the same time. after that i googled on the internet then find the text about
that.  is it possible to run 32 soundcards same time on my server?
if yes how could i do that
thank you for your helps...

- ALSA: Fix limit of 8 PCM devices in SNDRV_CTL_IOCTL_PCM_NEXT_DEVICE When
compiled with CONFIG_SND_DYNAMIC_MINORS the ALSA core is fineto have more
than 8 PCM devices per card, except one place -
theSNDRV_CTL_IOCTL_PCM_NEXT_DEVICE ioctl, which will not
enumeratedevices