[alsa-devel] USB asynchronous mode feedback format

Julian Scheel julian at jusst.de
Thu Oct 14 13:58:27 CEST 2010

Am Donnerstag, 14. Oktober 2010, 13:15:45 schrieb Alex:
> > Great to hear that ASYNC OUT with rate feedback is working for u now :-)
>
> Btw, are u using 12.13 format for Linux ?  U can try with OSX snow leopard,
> which can understand 10.14 and 16.16.  Apply Clemens' patch and linux can
> understand all formats - but users will have to wait for kernel 2.6.37 !
>
> I have implemented a sophisticated rate feedback with ping pong audio
> buffer, calculation of gap between USB data and i2s data, determining
> whether gap is increasing or decreasing etc.

One more question on the feedback: In your project you fo 10.14 for Full Speed
devices (which mine is - the AT91SAM7A3 can't do High Speed) and 12.13 for
highspeed. Why do you distinguish that way? Is your device initialised in High
Speed mode whenever it's connected to a Linux host?

Regards,
Julian