[alsa-devel] [patch 3/3] t5325: add audio support

Arnaud Patard (Rtp) arnaud.patard at rtp-net.org
Wed Oct 13 20:25:12 CEST 2010

Mark Brown <broonie at opensource.wolfsonmicro.com> writes:

> On Wed, Oct 13, 2010 at 08:01:44PM +0200, Arnaud Patard wrote:
>> Mark Brown <broonie at opensource.wolfsonmicro.com> writes:

>> > Looks like the changelogs for this and the previous patch got
>> > transposed
>
>> It's bad wording then. For me the changelog is fine. It means that :
>
>> - it's adding the alc5621 codec in the i2c bard info
>> - initialise kirkwood audio stuff by calling kirkwood_audio_init().
>
>> Maybe putting the explanations above would be better ?
>
> Oh, actually the problem is that you've not prefixed the ASoC patches
> with ASoC: so they look like they're supposed to be arch/arm patches
> (2/3 being the main offender).

Oh, I see. This patch is modify arch/arm/mach-kirkwood/t5325-setup.c and
is adding only audio stuff and needs a header coming from previous
patches. That's why I've put it in the patch serie. imho doing like this
should make life easier for everyone.

Will add and "ASoC:" in the patch subject.

Thanks,
Arnaud