[alsa-devel] Setting Input Source

Raymond Yau superquad.vortex2 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 12 16:56:23 CEST 2010

>> Hi,

>> I wanted to set my input
>> sources and control volume through the mixer api from a 'C' code. I am
>> required to do this without using alsa utils. Please guide me as to how I
>> can set my input source to say 'Mic' and also adjust say Front Right
>> channel volume.

>> It would also be nice if there was a mini
>> tutorial on the alsa page which explains how to do this basic stuff.

>> Thanks
>>  and Regards,
>> Chandrashekhar

Are your program a mixer application or recording application ?

If the sound card does not support multi-streaming ,

the mic is one of the choice in the "Capture Source" controls

If your application can find "Input Source" in your sound card , this
mean that your sound card support multi-streaming capture
i.e. there will be more than one "Input Source" controls