[alsa-devel] Alsamixer-Qt4 0.5.0 released

Sebastian H. vand2 at gmx.de
Mon Oct 11 15:18:20 CEST 2010

Am 10.10.2010 23:20, schrieb Niels Mayer:
> On Sat, Oct 9, 2010 at 1:41 PM, Sebastian H. <vand2 at gmx.de> wrote:
>> ( http://xwmw.org/alsamixer-qt4/ )
>> After an almost complete rewrite to support separate channels views
>> in the main sliders and switches areas, Alsamixer-Qt4 0.5.0 is now
>> available.
>
> This is a vast improvement over the previous version for those with
> envy24-based cards where the previous separate channel views were
> problematic ( http://www.spinics.net/linux/lists/alsa-devel/msg36494.html
> ).
>
> Here's how this latest alsamixer-qt4 looks against the equivalent
> controlpanels from http://mudita24.googlecode.com (svn trunk edition):
> http://nielsmayer.com/envy24control/alsamixer-qt4-playback-envy24.png
> http://nielsmayer.com/envy24control/alsamixer-qt4-capture-envy24.png

Great, thank you for the screenshots. Everything looks good so far.
The free space after the rightmost playback slider bothered me a bit.
But that's due to the long label text of the slast slider.
And admitted, your envy24 mixer with the nice peak meters and the
dB labels looks a bit more professional. ;)

> One thing that takes getting used to: the controls that are "muted" in
> envy24control/mudita24 are unchecked in alsamixer-qt4 -- the active or
> captured channels are the ones showing the checkbox selection.

There're some mixer where one has to activate a switch to mute
the volume. I always found this counter intuitive.
If it were real switch that mutes a channel it may make sense.
But if something is glowing I would assume it to be *on*.
Maybe like the status LED beside the real mute switch.

Sebastian