[alsa-devel] RME HDSP9632, mute headphones

Matthew Robbetts wingfeathera at gmail.com
Sun Oct 10 18:45:03 CEST 2010

Hi all,

I've just acquired myself a HDSP9632 and noticed what I think is a
missing feature from the drivers (compared to Windows, at least): the
ability to set the headphones to "mute", in addition to -6dB and -12dB
of gain. I would find this feature useful.

Is there a reason it is missing or has it just been overlooked? Or,
alternatively, am I doing something stupid?

I'm using the alsa that comes with kernel 2.6.36-rc5 (I think it is
1.0.21?).

Thanks a lot,
Matt