[alsa-devel] Alsamixer-Qt4 0.5.0 released
vand2 at gmx.de
Sat Oct 9 22:41:04 CEST 2010
After an almost complete rewrite to support separate channels views
in the main sliders and switches areas, Alsamixer-Qt4 0.5.0 is now
This is a snapshot from the CHANGELOG file.
* The channels mixer dialog is gone
* Mixer elements can be toggled between joined and channels view
* Automated switch from joined to channels view if channels values
differ for a certain time
* New context menus for mixer elements
* New dynamic support for the Alsa is_active element flag
* New command line arguments similar to the console alsamixer ones
* The card selection widget got basic support for Alsa plugins
* GUI cleanups and slight style changes
* Reduced CPU usage by showing QSpinBox widgets only on demand
* Fixed a forgotten debug timer that was always running
in 0.4.1 (constant 1% CPU usage)
I ran several tests but since a lot of code has been rewritten
there still may be regressions or even new bugs.
There're also some implemented features I couldn't test at all
because my rather basic hardware doesn't support it.
- Mixer elements with more than two channels.
If the sliders arrangement or some graphics for your card
with 32 channels per element look weird, please drop me a
note and/or a screenshot.
- Is-active flag
In theory the mixer should support dynamic hiding and
revealing of elements whose is-active flag changes.
If it doesn't or even crashes, please tell.
Any comments are welcome.
More information about the Alsa-devel