[alsa-devel] [Alsa-user] Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium PCIe support

Clemens Ladisch clemens at ladisch.de
Tue Oct 5 08:11:47 CEST 2010

http://www.alsa-project.org/main/index.php/Matrix:Vendor-HT_Omega

> By the way, does the volume control work on the digital output stream on
> these cards?

No; on most cards (including these ones), the digital output does not
have a volume control because this would reduce the precision of the
samples; the volume is supposed to be controlled by whichever device
does the digital-to-analog conversion.

Regards,
Clemens