[alsa-devel] [STAC927x HDA codec] 0x1F function not supported by driver ?

Eric ejaouen at ponctey.fr
Mon Oct 4 14:23:35 CEST 2010

Hi everybody I have some news : bad news but I was prepared to : as of
now the alsa codec driver for STAC9271 is not complete : its ADAT output
(vendor specific function) support is not complete.
I tested with the ADAT output option Matthew Ranostay had added in a
patch ( amixer sset 'IEC958 Playback Source' ADAT )
and also having changed the 0x21 pin default from 014521xx to 015521xx
(4 being spdif out and 5 being digital out) : when doing so "alsactl
restore" responded : unknown hardware HDAintel STAC ; hardware is
initialized using a guess method   (which is possibly normal )
In jack I only had 2 alsa outputs (allways using card0 device 1 : "STAC
digital").
Maybe the problem is that ADATout Node 0x1F is not detailled enough in
the driver ?

here is COMPLETE codec datasheet (page185 for 0x1F node ; page 155 for
0x21 digOUT node):
http://pdf1.alldatasheet.com/datasheet-pdf/view/199321/IDT/STAC9271.html

here a alsa-info.sh of me (before changing to 015521xx pin config):

www.alsa-project.org/db/?f=297fa42ac3c439e3ca9336d1fa525a2cadabdae6

Hoping to get help to at least try to make it work : I bought intel
DP35DP motherboard ONLY for the advertised "ADAToutput feature".
Thanks a lot in advance, Eric