[alsa-devel] alsactl adds volume controls?

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Mon Oct 4 13:35:25 CEST 2010

'Twas brillig, and Clemens Ladisch at 01/10/10 10:02 did gyre and gimble:
> | Node 0x0b [Audio Selector] wcaps 0x300105: Stereo Amp-Out
> |   Control: name="Master Playback Volume", index=0, device=0
> |     ControlAmp: chs=3, dir=Out, idx=0, ofs=0
> |   Control: name="Master Playback Switch", index=0, device=0
> |     ControlAmp: chs=3, dir=Out, idx=0, ofs=0
> |   Amp-Out caps: N/A
>
> Is this still "N/A" when you try again?

Yeah, I've run the script a few times and this has always been N/A.

As a more general question, how is the quirk for fixing the 0==mute
thing added? Is it a kernel patch or some tweak in the /usr/share/alsa/
tree (i.e. alsalib based quirk?)

Col

--

Colin Guthrie