[alsa-devel] unsupported variant of snd_hda_intel

Alexandre alxgomz at gmail.com
Sat Oct 2 07:01:33 CEST 2010

Hello,

I have an Acer Aspire 4736G laptop.
The soundcard that is shipped in this laptop is intel-hda based as
shown (actually it's a realtek):

cat /proc/asound/cards
 0 [Intel          ]: HDA-Intel - HDA Intel
                      HDA Intel at 0x9b300000 irq 46

Basic sound output is correct but few feature are missing:
- internal mic seems to be found but do not works.
- sound output stop working when trying to send it using HDMI output
- heads do not work when plugged neither when forcing pulseaudio to use it.

I have an ubuntu 10.10 which is shipped with alsa 1.0.23.
I have googled around and tried loading the snd-hda-intel with several
parameters () as found in HD-Audio-Models.txt to no avail.

cat /proc/asound/pcm
00-00: ALC888 Analog : ALC888 Analog : playback 1 : capture 1
00-01: ALC888 Digital : ALC888 Digital : playback 1
00-03: NVIDIA HDMI : NVIDIA HDMI : playback 1

Where can I begin to help implement the support for this sound card? I
have very skills in developement in general but am ready to try if it
is not to hard (I supose I can use previous code for similar models)..
I just need a shepherd.

Thanks