[alsa-devel] Acer Aspire One Volume Low

Alexander Lam lambchop468 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 2 02:52:36 CEST 2010

Hi all,

I have an Acer Aspire one (the original one) with a realtek alc268 codec
(intel hda)

In windows XP, I would say that the maximum volume is somewhere around 5
times higher than in linux.

I am running kernel 2.6.35.6.

I actually have the spec sheet for the codec (from a google search) and the
mixer ranges that are specified in the kernel seem sane,so I'm clueless as
to what's happening. Maybe there's some mystery bit to set, because the
windows XP Realtek driver has a "limit output" option that when turned on,
makes the output be about as loud as in linux. (or maybe this option just
cuts the mixer values in half...)

Suggestions? Lacking that, is there a tool already written to read back the
codec configuration in windows XP?

--
Alexander Lam