[alsa-devel] asihpi: Control naming

Clemens Ladisch clemens at ladisch.de
Fri Oct 1 15:19:56 CEST 2010

Sebastian H. wrote:
> Am 01.10.2010 09:05, schrieb Clemens Ladisch:
> > Those are elements where the simple mixer code doesn't know the
> > direction (because the driver author didn't put "Playback" or "Capture"
> > into the name).
>
> Ok, but I wonder how to interpret this state in which both functions
> return zero.

There are cases where the playback/capture direction is obvious from the
name ("just implement an AI!"), but these can be considered bugs.

In the other cases, the control really doesn't belong to a direction.
(Which doesn't prevent many mixers that have two pages from just
throwing them in with the playback controls.)

Regards,
Clemens