[alsa-devel] sound: usb-audio: full capture/playback/spdif support for Digidesign Mbox 2

Damien Zammit damien.zammit at gmail.com
Mon Nov 29 14:03:26 CET 2010

Hi Daniel,

I am confused by the git repository of alsa.  There seems to be two
copies of it, one in alsa-kernel and one in alsa-driver.  alsa-driver
seems to "patch" the alsa-kernel and then build it.  I have taken one
of the latest snapshots of alsa-driver and modified the alsa-kernel
directory and it now compiles and the device works.  What do I
generate the patch against?

I can't be expected to fill in all the detail regarding #if
KERNEL_VERSION < .... etc I am not that familiar with the kernel.
What do you suggest to make your life easier for reviewing?

Thanks,
Damien