[alsa-devel] reset of kernel input buffer for /dev/dsp

Amit Nagal helloin.amit at gmail.com
Sat Nov 27 13:33:43 CET 2010

Hi ,

i am doing usb audio streaming using usb audio class interface .

our application is OSS based , uses OSS calls to interact with linux
audio driver .

Our device is capture only device .

we want to flush  kernel input pcm buffer  without using close() system call .

does OSS supports in userspace any ioctl call which can flush kernel
pcm buffer at any time .

right now we have to close audio-fd  and open audio-fd  again .

how we can flush  kernel input pcm buffer  without using close system
call in based OSS application

regards
Amit Nagal