[alsa-devel] [RFC don't apply] ASoC: Add support for optional auxiliary dailess codecs

Jarkko Nikula jhnikula at gmail.com
Fri Nov 26 15:14:59 CET 2010

On Fri, 26 Nov 2010 15:55:34 +0200
Peter Ujfalusi <peter.ujfalusi at nokia.com> wrote:

> > That's pretty much where I'm coming from - we already have most of the
> > infrastructure, we just need to get the devices into the system but once
> > we do that we should be able to cope with everything already.
>
> So, if let's say I rewrite the tpa6130a2 driver as DAIless CODEC driver, and
> connect to a system, where we already have a proper codec. What should I expect?
> Can this work with 'reasonable' ;) amount of work (or non) on the core side?

I'm happy to hear does it work or not :-)

Basically you would need the cross-device set [1] and this RFC. The
corss-device set has some trivial merge issues I think now but I can
send you an updated version if you like. We don't want to merge
cross-device set before a problem with DAPMless codecs is solved.

Then in your machine driver you need to have this struct
snd_soc_aux_dev for tpa6130a2 and machine init for it would just add a
map that connects output of DAI codec into input of tpa6130a2 and call
snd_soc_dapm_sync as usual.

--
Jarkko
1.